Protecting your teeth when playing contact sports is essential, and a mouthguard professionally molded to your own mouth shape and made to the highest standards by Dental at Joondalup.
Why Use a Mouth Guard When Playing Sports?
Because accidents can happen during any physical activity, the advantage of using a mouth guard during sports is that it can help limit the risk of mouth-related injuries to your lips, tongue, and soft tissues of your mouth. Mouth guards also help you avoid chipped or broken teeth, nerve damage to a tooth, or even tooth loss.
Premium custom mouthguards won’t slip or fall out of your mouth and don’t require any effort to keep in, leaving you to concentrate on your game.
Dr Chandra can fit you with a custom mouthguard quickly and affordably. We offer many styles and colours of mouthguards, and you’re welcome to book now and visit us so we can assess your need for a mouthguard, explain what’s involved and what the costs are likely to be.
How Do I Care for My Mouth Guard?
- Rinse your mouth guard with cold water or with a mouth rinse before and after each use
- Occasionally clean the mouth guard in cool, soapy water and rinse it thoroughly.
- Place the mouth guard in a firm, perforated container to store or transport it.
- Protect the mouth guard from high temperatures — such as hot water, hot surfaces, or direct sunlight
- Occasionally check the mouth guard for general wear. If you find holes or tears in it or if it becomes loose or causes discomfort, replace it.
Protect your teeth and play your best with Dental at Joondalup
We love that your children love sports, and we want to see them practice safety, especially when it comes to protecting themselves! Please contact Dental at Joondalup to schedule an appointment today and to discuss how to protect your mouth and teeth during physical activities!
Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks. Warning: not everyone may be suitable for this treatment and any oral appliance carries risks of treatment.