What do I do when my tooth has chipped?
You’ll need to see Dentist at Joondalup immediately!
- The first thing that you should do if book in for an appointment to see us! Delaying seeing a dentist may lead to further damage of your tooth, or your tooth becoming infected.
- If your tooth is very jagged you’re able to get a piece of wax to try and cover up the tooth until you see the dentist.
- If your teeth are painful after having chipped them you’re able to take either ibuprofen or paracetamol to try and assist your pain.
- Remember to eat soft foods while your tooth is not fixed.
- Teeth chipping can be a sign of clenching and grinding, and although this is not an emergency, it is very beneficial to address this issue with the dentist, otherwise your teeth can become unattractive or chip further.
Why do teeth chip or become worn?
DENTAL AT JOONDALUP
Dental decay– dental decay or caries or cavities have the ability to weaken your teeth and predispose your teeth to chip or wear much easier.
Getting unlucky with a bad bite – sometimes if you enjoy eating ice cubes, hard lollies, bones, or minties you are just going to get unlucky.
Trauma – a hard hit to the face may result in a chipped front tooth or front teeth.
Bruxism– clenching or grinding your teeth over a long period of time can occasionally lead to you getting a chipped tooth especially if your tooth enamel is already thinner because of it. Wear is foten seen due to bruxism.
Diet – one of the main reasons why teeth can become weakened is due to acid attack on your teeth; fruit juices, soft drinks, and energy drinks are usually associated with this although excessive alcohol use, frequent vomiting, and acid reflux can also cause this.
Surprising reasons for chipped teeth – tongue piercings, crooked teeth and nail biting all can occasionally lead to you being more likely to chip or wear your teeth.
How do I fix my chipped or worn teeth?
Porcelain veneers are thin yet durable tooth coloured shells that are bonded to the front of your teeth.
Composite veneers made from a filling material that looks like your tooth. After an initial consultation these can be achieved in as little as two hours.
Dental crowns are a durable way of correcting severely worn or chipped teeth.
Why choose us for correcting your teeth from chips and wear
Because we’re passionate about helping you find your smile with an exceptional dental experience.